Thanks to LoveSingapore:
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Saviour, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
1. Ask God to forgive us for not praying enough for our nation and our leaders.
2. Humbly repent for any foolish remarks or petty complaints we’ve made in private or in public; and for taking God, our nation, and our leaders for granted.
3. Acknowledge God’s strong guiding hand on our nation.
4. Thank the Lord for blessing us all these years with a good government committed to integrity, service and excellence.
5. Invite the Sovereign Lord of all the earth to come preside over our political system and succession so that Singapore’s legacy of good governance and good international standing will go on from one generation to the next.
6. This General Election, fervently pray—
• That Singaporeans will think soberly and be discerning—sensitive to God’s prompting, His heartbeat, His bigger picture, His divine purpose for our nation.
• That Singaporeans will vote wisely and responsibly for candidates of exceptional character and competence. People who will inspire confidence in nation-building and the future—to see Singapore flourish (not flounder) and fulfill (not forfeit) her unique role as God’s bridge of blessing to all nations.
Psalm 78:72—David shepherded them with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led them.